Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti – HandMade | Christine Cushing
I show you how to make the best chocolate biscotti handmade with extra virgin olive oil that makes them crisp but tender. Filled with hazelnuts these hand made Italian cookies are a classic combination of cocoa and hazelnuts. See why it’s important to bake them twice and how to perfectly slice them.
More Holiday Entertaining Videos:
Tiramisu Bombe: https://youtu.be/0zbZnstWf4o
Dry Brined Roast Turkey: https://youtu.be/mAmyLMS4EU0
Pommes Anna – Potato Galette: https://youtu.be/bPElXh6B_kU
Cinnamon Rolls (buns) with Cream Cheese frosting & Maple Glaze: https://youtu.be/3rXTyRwOfTc
Best Apple Pie Recipe, All Butter Pastry: https://youtu.be/ubpL98nnc30
Easy Pavlova: https://youtu.be/HUfXOgyNazo
Rugelach – delicious butter & cream cheese cookie: https://youtu.be/qLdSO__HQCM
Greek Loukoumades – Honey Donuts: https://youtu.be/FiR4tc1cofI
New Videos Every Week! Subscribe for more: https://goo.gl/wNqDQB
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour (300ml)
1/3 cup cocoa powder (80 ml)
2 tsp. baking powder (10 ml)
grated zest of ½ orange
1 cup sugar (250 ml)
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (80ml)
2 large eggs
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract (5 ml)
1 cup whole hazelnuts(250 ml)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
3. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Add hazelnuts.
4. In another bowl, add orange zest, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
5. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Stir with wooden spoon and blend well.
6. Divide dough in half and shape each into a cylinder (roughly 12 x 2-inches). Dough will be sticky so use a little oil on hands to shape dough. Arrange the cylinders on the baking sheet, leaving at least 3-inches – they will spread out as they bake.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and firm. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes before cutting to keep shape.
8. With a large spatula carefully scrape cylinders off tray and transfer to a cutting board. Carefully slice crosswise on the diagonal with a serrated edge knife (in one full cut) into ½-inch slices.
9. Put slices back onto the baking sheet, laying flat and not overlapping. Bake a second time (again at 325 degrees F.) for 20 more minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
Makes about 40 biscotti
Connect with Christine on social media:
Christine’s Website: http://christinecushing.com/